Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Deeper Meaning of Spirit

 "Maybe Christmas ... doesn't come from a store ... Maybe Christmas ... perhaps ... means a little bit more." 

 - The Grinch, "How the Grinch Stole Christmas!" by Dr. Suess

When he was a toddler, my oldest child (Warrior I) insisted on being read "How the Grinch Stole Christmas!" at bedtime for about 2 months before and 6 months after the holiday.  Every time I reached the line above I felt a glow in my heart and hoped that he was still awake to hear it.  Just like the Grinch, I could feel my heart growing three sizes as I visualized all the Whos in Whoville holding hands and singing -- "Without any presents at all!".

Today, reading this line still makes me warm and fuzzy inside. Yes, even the Grinch realized that the holidays are about LOVE and PEACE!  Peace, Love and the One Spirit that resides in all!  

Wishing Peace, Life and Love to All, Pure Freedom