Wednesday, March 9, 2011

More Training

After 5 days of Anatomy/Physiology and Pathophysiology for Chronic Pain, we began our discovery into Ayurveda and Macrobiotics.  The concepts of Ayurveda mesh with my way of thinking so much more than any of the other holistic health courses that I have previously taken.  I can't wait to get home and start cooking some "dosha" balancing foods for myself and my family.

Well, today was day 7 out of 9 days of my 2nd Yoga Therapy training session at Heaven on Earth Yoga Institute in Stoney Creek, Ontario.  I attended the first session last November, and after this one I will return for the last round next month.  I am enjoying the wonderful vegan meals cooked by my teacher Karen and her mother, who are both chefs.   My classmates are a very diverse group of women with different backgrounds from across the country --- British Columbia to Nova Scotia.   The generosity and warmth that I have felt from some of these women is very uplifting and inspiring.




That's me in the picture above -- attempting Scorpion pose for the first time.

Yesterday I was feeling homesick for my three Warriors --- but only 2 sleeps left!

Namaste,   Kathryn